FALSE: DO NOT SHARE
“It is claimed that fruit and veg can help to keep you safe from Coronavirus.”
WHO say that “At this time, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for COVID-19.”
The World Health Organisation (WHO) currently says that “at this time, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for COVID-19. However, there are many ongoing clinical trials evaluating potential treatments. WHO will continue to provide updated information as soon as clinical findings become available.”
WHO also recommends the following basic protective measures:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
The National Health Service advises that fruit and vegetables are useful as ‘part of a healthy, balanced diet and can help you stay healthy